As many of you will know, last year, we joined forces with iZotope, with the aim of making music creation easier and more accessible for creators at every stage of their journey. Fast forward to today, and things are going well. So well, in fact, that we now have the pleasure of introducing you to three new members of our family: Plugin Alliance, Brainworx, and the brand-new Sound Stacks. Collectively, and as of today, you can call us Soundwide.
For us, Soundwide is a chance to redouble our efforts as one team, with one goal: helping musicians like you to find – and stay in – the creative flow. It’s time to put the best minds of the industry to work on one simple question, as posed by our CEO Mark Cattini: “What do our community members need to tap into their ultimate creative workflow, and how can we help get them there?”
Who is Soundwide?
- Native Instruments has been powering producers’ and DJs’ workflows with innovative hardware and software for over 25 years – you already knew that.
- iZotope’s industry-leading intelligent audio technology helps musicians, music producers, and audio post engineers focus on their craft rather than the tech behind it.
- Plugin Alliance and Brainworx already share a founder and CEO, Dirk Ulrich. The former is a leading plug-in platform that offers a dizzying array of creative tools to over 1 million users, while the latter specializes in pushing the envelope for digital recreations of high-end analog hardware.
- Sound Stacks is a brand new company from Cesare Ferrari and Julian Storer, creator of the open-source audio framework JUCE. They’re working on innovative new audio platform technologies to benefit developers across our whole industry.
So what’s in it for you? Right now, free plug-ins – but we’ll get to that. The first thing to know is that the products and brands you know already aren’t going away. You’ll still be making tracks with NI’s KOMPLETE and and your favorite Brainworx plug-ins, then finishing them with iZotope’s Ozone, etc. In the medium-long term, this all means tighter integration between products, more streamlined workflows and user experiences, and some very exciting new products and technologies that we’re only just beginning to work on together.
Meet the Artist Board
Right now, there are more than 600 of us working at Soundwide, and more than 10 million of you using our products. You can imagine the Artist Board as sitting somewhere in between – this panel of top-tier producers, songwriters, composers, and creators, will help us focus on the ideas that matter most to the people who are using our products day-in-day-out. We’ll be looking to the board for guidance on everything from products and features to developing our own communities and fostering greater inclusivity across our industry.
So without further ado, here are the inaugural members:
- Singer-songwriter Alicia Keys
- Recording and mix engineer Ann Mincieli
- Producer and rapper El-P of Run the Jewels
- Musician/composer/producer Jacob Collier
- Composer Ludwig Göransson
- Producer and engineer Noah “40” Shebib
- Production duo Take A Daytrip
- Singer-songwriter Tayla Parx
- Producer and engineer Young Guru
By our calculations that’s 29 GRAMMYs (from 77 nominations), well over 10 billion total streams, and a combined back-catalog that boasts some of the most memorable music of the past two decades – so it’s safe to say we’re in good hands.
Let’s celebrate – free plug-ins for everyone!
We’re incredibly excited by all of this, and hope you are too. So to kick things off with a bang, we’ve got a great selection of tools from across the Soundwide portfolio that you can download for free, right away. In total, there are eight free plug-ins here, worth over $1,700 at RRP. Don’t snooze though – these are only available until April 26th.
- Ethereal Earth is a hugely popular entry in our Play Series for KONTAKT and the free KONTAKT Player (make sure to download that first if you need it). It’s packed full of sitars, gongs and synthesizers that you can twist into cinematic pads and textures via a row of intuitive macro controls.
- Neutron Elements is the perfect introduction to iZotope’s suite of AI-enhanced mixing tools, covering EQ, transient control, excitation, and compression. And with Track Assistant, it can listen to your audio to recommend an optimal starting point for each track.
- Plugin Alliance and Brainworx have raised the bar with six full versions of some of their most popular plug-ins in one convenient package. You get Black Box Analog Design HG-2, Shadow Hills Mastering Compressor, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, bx_masterdesk, bx_oberhausen, and bx_console Focusrite SC.
For more about Soundwide, and to keep up with the latest news, check out joinsoundwide.com.